When the body is out of alignment, it uses muscles for movement that were actually designed for support.
Think of it like only using a pitching wedge to play golf… It kind of works, but it’s far from optimal. Your ball won’t go as far, you’ll have to take way too many shots to get to the hole, you’ll put way too much stress on your swing, and in the end, you’ll get worn out.
When your posture is misaligned, the result is premature wear and tear on the muscles and skeletal systems and eventually, pain.
Applied functional Science helps
As you can see, his left shoulder was higher than the right shoulder while his left hip was lower than the right hip. Most of his weight was bearing on the left side. His belly button should have been aligned with where you see the red square. Can you guess where most of his pain manifested?
The second picture is the same man after 2 one hour sessions. Huge improvement! Obviously, there was more work to do, but he was well on his way to finally standing tall and eliminating his pain.
Well, if you’ve got daily aches and pains, then you absolutely can benefit from our Xtension program. Whether it’s the posture alignment track or medical exercise program will be determined once you come in for your free 3DX assessment.
But here are some questions for you to consider:
1. Have you eliminated activities you love to do because of pain?
2. Has your quality of life gone down because pain keeps you from doing the things you love to do everyday?
3. Have you changed how you perform basic tasks because of pain or physical limitations?
4. Do you regularly see a Chiropractor?
4a) Does the relief from chiropractic adjustments last only a short time?
4b) Does the chiropractor have to constantly manipulate the same areas of your spine/body?
5. Have you been told you have a difference in your leg lengths and need shoe inserts?
6. Have you gone through rounds of physical therapy that were helpful while in treatment, but did not last once treatment ended?
7. Do you still experience pain despite medications, cortisone injections, surgery, joint replacement, physical/athletic therapy, chiropractic and other forms of treatment?
8. Do you have trouble standing with heels, butt, shoulders and head flush against the wall?
9. Do your clothes hang unevenly on your torso?
10. Do the soles of your shoes wear out unevenly? Ex: the left side of the heel gets rubbed out while the right side doesn’t.