Back pain affects 80 – 90% of the population at some time in their life. Once it begins, it can be a real pain to get rid of. Many people end up in therapy or have surgery hoping to get pain relief. Unfortunately for some, even after surgery, they are still suffering from back pain. Paul is an example of that.
Lower back pain and surgeries
Paul went through 4 different spine surgeries (lower and upper back) and was still in intense pain. He did all he could to get better, but never got the relief he was after. Watch his story below and then see my notes below the video where I explain more about what we did for him and why we did it.
Notes from the video
- You may be a little confused about what Medical Fitness Pros is, and what services we provide.
- We are not physical therapists, but we do have Medical Exercise Specialists certifications from the AAHFRP.
- Paul mentioned that we “had to get everything working again”. What he was referring to was “Core Strength” and “Glute Strength”. To learn more information about that, here are some general exercises that work the core without you realizing it and a simple exercise that works your glutes that you should have been doing ages ago.
- Paul’s recovery took some time before he was completely pain free. While this wasn’t normally the case, he still had a very active lifestyle. The more you irritate and inflame an injured area, the slower the healing process. He is very active and couldn’t just sit around waiting for it to heal. So while we would have liked to have seen him heal faster, we were happy considering how active his life is.
- Here is another article that talks about glute and core strength for golfers, but it is basic enough that it teaches the fundamentals for all of us.
To learn more about how to reduce back pain, download my guide to how I eliminated my own back pain.
I loved the information. Thank you for sharing
Andres Hudspeth says
Very helpful for me. It definitely gives me some hope. Congrats on being featured on the news. Much deserved!
Dirk Gladney says
Very informative. Thank you so much for sharing. I will contact you so you can help me as well.
Norma Cromwell says
Greetings! Very helpful advice in this particular post! It is the little changes that will make the greatest changes.
Many thanks for sharing!
Mrs. Fellows says
I didn’t realize exercise could be so effective for treating back pain. I will definitely contact you to help me with my back problem.