Many of you want to improve your nutrition, but it can be very overwhelming. On Saturday, November 15th, Executive Chef Michael Cortez came to Medical Fitness Pros to prepare a variety of healthy dishes. The menu for the event included:
- Chef Selection of assorted Seasonal Vegetables w/Cilantro Dip
- Beef Tenderloin Crostini w/Parmesean Dijon Thyme Sauce
- Hummus w/Extra Virgin olive oil crisp chips
- Grilled Chicken Bruschetta w/Basil Pesto
- Cherry Tomatoes on Crostini
During the demonstration above he demonstrated how to cook chicken, fish, rice, and vegetables in a variety of different ways. He explained that it is simple to change the flavors of the foods you eat with minor modifications. He also demonstrated how to prepare multiple items in one pan in order to minimize the number of dishes you need to use.
Some of the takeaways from the demo include:
- How to know you are cooking meat properly
- How to prepare food without getting so caught up in recipes
- How to give your vegetables more flavor
- How to make sure you cook your fish and chicken thoroughly
- How to change the flavor and style of your dishes with little adjustments to your seasonings
- How to cook properly with wine
- How to balance your calorie intake when cooking nutrient dense food
If you know you should cook at home more but feel overwhelmed, Chef Michael has some great tips to make it easier for you. We really appreciated him taking the time to come to Medical Fitness Pros. He does private cooking events for people all over the Katy area. If you would like to have him cook for your event or prepare individual meals for you, visit his website at Amazen Chef Creations.
Thank to you everyone who was able to attend his event. If you know of an event or something you would like to learn, let us know. We love to educate the Katy community and want to know how we can best help you.