*New Update from Facebook….it only gets better and better. Scroll to the bottom of the post for the latest.
Let me start by saying, I’m just having a little fun with a recent rejection letter that I received from Facebook, but I promise you will get great information from this article.
We made a post about our recent weight loss contest in which Cindy Hornbeck lost 21 lbs over 90 days. We were so proud of here that we wanted to share her story on Facebook to inform and inspire others. Here’s the post:
Sharing Cindy’s Story with Others
- We definitely did not use language degrading to anyone. We would never do that. Our approach to the human body is different than you might image. For one, anyone with excess body fat, just has excess body fat. Body fat can be gained, lost, etc…, but it doesn’t define the individual. We all have various areas we struggle with in our life, but it should never reflect on your value as a human being. We love and accept all body types the same way. Yes, we do help those that are struggling, because they want us to help them, but we would never degrade someone for their struggles.
- As mentioned earlier in the article, losing 1-2 pounds of body fat per week is a very healthy weight loss. We can back that up with numerous studies.
- This doesn’t apply to us. Even when running our ad we didn’t select any age group under the age of 18.
- If you look at the original article again, you will see we didn’t use a “before and after” photo. Only an after photo was shown.
- We have no reason to mislead our audience. We only wanted to tell the story of how Cindy lost her weight. She accomplished so much and her story deserves to be told.
We know they are only following their guidelines on posting, but it’s interesting to hear the “rules”. We wanted to share the story with you, and hopefully you enjoyed it. Don’t take health advice from Facebook. 🙂