The Medical Fitness Pros’ Team Up Training second adventure trip of the year is almost here. On Saturday, December 5, 2009 we are driving 120 miles to McKinney Roughs Nature Park. There we will enjoy to scenic trails of the Colorado River and walk the Hill Country.
As of right now the forecast for the night before the hike says rain/SNOW and a low of 24 degrees and on Saturday it is suppose to be partly cloudy with a high of 50 degrees. The current condition of the trails is very wet due to recent rains so expect the trails to be muddy.
The hours of visitor center at the trails are from 8 am to 5 pm. The site does not have food available except what’s in vending machines.
For those of you who are staying the night at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort there is no fee for the hike. For my clients, I am covering your entry fee as well. Here are the details for Saturday:
- Meet at Hope Rehab Katy at 7:00 am
- Arrive to McKinney Roughs at 9:00 am
- Begin 1st hike of the day (est. 3-4hrs)
- Lunch at Noon
- Begin 2nd hike of the day (est. 3-4hrs)
What to bring:
- Because of the forecast on Saturday I suggest dressing in warm attire. Wear layers of clothes.
- 2 pairs of shoes: one to hike in that can get wet and muddy but keep your feet dry, and a second pair for the drive home.
- You can bring a backpack to carry:
– Water bottles , sports drinks to stay hydrated
- Walking stick
There is also a vending machine, but I would suggest you bring everything with you.