I love educating the Katy, TX community on various health and fitness topics. Last year I wrote a lot of blog posts, but today I want to share my 10 favorites posts that are helpful for a variety of reasons. Here they are.
- Five Truths About Fitness – These are the 5 essential elements that you must understand about fitness and your health. It will clear up some misconceptions you might have and also remind you of the obvious as well.
- Back Exercise You Should Never Do – I’m
slightlyvery passionate about back pain, and it really bothers me when people are given exercises that are likely to make the problem worse. This is an exercise I see in gyms often,and I felt it was time to talk about it.
- Weight Loss: Addressing the Root of the Problem – It’s easy to say that being overweight is simply eating too much and not exercising enough, but that is often not the root of the problem. This article helps you think about the real reasons why you may have trouble losing weight.
- Proper Exercise Technique: Chest Press – Many people have trouble doing particular exercises properly. Many times it’s just because no one has ever taught them proper technique. In this video, Jason Harley explains how to properly perform a chest press. We might do more of these videos in the future if there is some interest in that.
- Back Pain Solutions: Walking the Wrong Way – Sometimes it’s the simple things. Few people realize that simply walking backwards can help reduce back pain. I’ve used this technique for years, but recently a research study was published showing how effective it was.
- Weight Loss Success – How would you approach your weight loss goal if you knew that you would not fail? Interesting thought, right? Take a look at this video.
- Reaching Your Goal…Now What? – Jason Harley explains the importance of goals and a real world example of what happens when you do not set new goals.
- True Life Change – I remember how hard of an article this was to write. TRUE life change is something few people really understand. It can be a little harsh, but it’s true. Are you ready to change your life?
- 3 Types of Exercises you should be doing, but probably aren’t! – It’s easy to get into a fitness rut. In this article I share 3 broad types of exercise movements that will turn your workout program upside down, literally.
- Back to…Fitness School – Are you looking for the basics to getting in shape, this is it. It’s time to go back to school.
I hope you enjoyed the articles from 2011. There are hundreds of others you are welcome to read through. If you have something you would like to learn more about, let me know. I’d love to educate you on many more subjects in 2012.