Medical Fitness Pros believes that exercise is the key to managing a variety of medical conditions. We provide exercise and fitness programs to help you improve function, move better, and have less pain. Our facility is ideal for clients with:
- Joint Replacements – Total Hip Replacements, Total Knee Replacements, and Total Shoulder Replacements require a specific protocol of exercises in order to complete the healing process and allow you to get back in to a general fitness program again.
- Arthritis – Moving is crucial for those with arthritis, but exercising without pain is important. Our programs teach you how to safely exercise without irritating your joints.
- High Blood Pressure – Before and after your workout program we monitor your blood pressure to ensure you are in a safe range to exercise. Our program offers exercise to lower your blood pressure and education so you can take control of your health.
- Back Pain – Not all back pain can be treated the same way. We will work with your specific spine condition and design a program that will help you feel and move better.
- Diabetes – Our Diabetes program will teach you how to effectively exercise with Diabetes safely and effectively. You will understand how your blood glucose levels and blood pressure have an impact on your exercise activities and overall results.
- Weight Loss – Weight gain is common among those who are dealing with some type of medical condition. Our program will work with you to establish a healthy nutrition and exercise program so that you can lose weight for the long term.
We will work with you and your medical provider to give you the care you need.
What to Expect in our Recovery Program
Evaluate – Its important that you are in a program that understand you and is personalized for you specifically. Our thorough Musculoskeletal Screening will ensure your program is designed based on your needs and goals.
Educate – An educated client is a successful client. There is a lesson to be learned in every visit. We strive to ensure that every time you walk out our doors you know more about how to manage your health and achieve your goals.
Results – People trust us every day because of our solid reputation. You can count on us to help you achieve the results you desire.
How our Recovery Program is different from normal Personal Training
Our conditioning programs are designed specifically for your medical condition, and we work with your medical provider to ensure that you have the right program to obtain the best results for you. We have undergone special training in over 62 different medical conditions to ensure we provide more than just a “personal training” service. Our fitness professionals have been educated in a way that will ensure you get the best treatment possible.
Medical Fitness Pros’ Fitness Professionals also work with your medical provider. We work with and regularly get referrals from physicians, physical therapists and chiropractors throughout the Katy and Houston area. They trust us to provide a certain level of care for their patients and to communicate with them on a regular basis. If your medical provider is not someone we currently work with, we will still communicate with them throughout your program to ensure your program is both, safe and effective.
How much does it cost for a Medical Fitness Recovery Program?
Our medical fitness Recovery program is rather unique for our area. The programs are designed based on your condition, approved by your medical provider, and sometimes covered by your insurance. While insurance coverage is on a case-by-case basis, there are times insurance carriers are willing to pay for our services. Cigna, United, and Aetna are the most common ones that we work with on a consistent basis, but there are times we have worked with others as well. In order to get an estimate on cost we will need to contact your insurance company, and at that time can give you a payment amount for your program. If you are not using insurance, we can meet with you to discuss your medical condition (complimentary), and discuss a cash option program that will help you reach your goals.
What medical conditions do you work with?
We work with a large variety of medical conditions. Medical Fitness Pros follow specific protocol for every condition we work with. You can be assured that when you work with us that we will implement a program that is safe and effective for you. Listed below are the most common conditions we work with. If you do not see your medical condition on our list, please contact us and we will let you know if we can work with you.
|Cardiovascular / Cardiopulmonary||Cancer|
|Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)|
|Hypertension (High Blood Pressure)|
|Surgical Procedures||Achilles Tendon Rupture|
|Patellar Tendon Rupture|
|Posterior Cruciate Rupture|
|Rotator Cuff Repair|
|Tibial Plateau Fracture|
|Total Hip Replacement|
|Total Knee Replacement|
|Total Shoulder Replacement|
|Neurological Disorders||Addison's Disease|
|Cerebrovascular Accident (CVA)|
|Chronic Fatigue Syndrome|
|Post Polio Syndrome|
|Musculoskeletal Disorders||Ankle Fracture/Sprain|
|Brachial Plexus Injury|
|Carpal Tunnel Syndrome|
|Cervical Strain / Disc Herniation|
|Greater Trochantric Bursitis|
|Illio-Tibial Syndrome (IT Band Syndrome)|
|Lateral Collateral Ligament Sprain|
|Lumbar Disc Herniation|
|Medial Collateral Ligament Sprain|
|Spinal Cord Injury|
|Thoracic Outlet Syndrome|
How can I get started on a Recovery program?
If you are ready to get started on a program, simply fill out the form below. We will contact you to schedule an appointment and can let you know about our program and if your insurance will cover the program after the first visit. Don’t worry, the first visit is on us so we can collect the information we need to help you. We look forward to seeing you soon!