I feel that I have to live up to my own recommendations, so I want to share with you the adventure my wife and I went on, and some very unusual things we ran across along the way.
In my last blog post I suggested that you take advantage of the beatiful weather and make the weekend count. I knew the temperature was going to be nice, but I had no idea just how beautiful it was going to be. My wife and I jumped on our bikes after I got off work and set out to enjoy the beautiful day. We saw lot of activity happening around the Cinco Ranch area.
One thing that threw us off was seeing a camel giving rides at an event in the Spring Green area of Cinco Ranch. I definitely did not expect to see a camel in the area, so I had to take a picture to share with you. It turns out there was a carnival of some type and this was one of the “rides”. After spending a moment looking around, we were off on our next adventure.
After about 1 1/2 hours of riding we decided we would ride out to Cross Creek Ranch. Many times we think about formal exercise as sitting in the gym and doing various exercises, but it doesn’t have to be that way. We kept a moderate pace on our bikes, rode around Cinco Ranch, out to Cross Creek Ranch, had a healthy lunch at the Essence Cafe, and rode back home. All in all, we rode over 23 miles (a new personal best for my wife Jessica), saw a lot of amazing things throughout the Katy area, and got to spend some quality time together. All-in-All, it was a wonderful day with a lot of great memories. So why am I sharing all of this? I’m hoping you can learn a couple of things from our adventure.
- Fitness does not have to always be in the gym. Use the gym as a training ground to do the things you enjoy outside the gym. (It’s a lot more rewarding.)
- Plan unplanned adventures. If we had planned out our trip before hand, we probably would have found a good reason not to go. We just made time to go bike riding, and figured it out as we went along.
- Make a day of it. We obviously have responsibilities, but there’s nothing wrong with taking a segment of it to do something for yourself. It doesn’t have to be a long bike ride. If you like rock climbing, running, or even walking, find something you can do.
- Accomplish personal bests. For my wife, she was able to bike ride further than she ever had before. 23 miles is pretty impressive for an afternoon stroll. But by taking our time and stopping for lunch, it made it a very possible accomplishment.
- Do what you can do, when you can do it. In 2 months you will tell me that it’s too hot to exercise outside. I may agree with you if we have our typical Texas summer, but what are you doing about it now? Are you taking advantage of the weather or are you going to wait until it’s too late?
If you are struggling with getting your fitness routine going, contact us and let us help you. You deserve to be living your life to the fullest. Don’t miss out on being as healthy as you know you should be. Contact us today.