Last week I found out I was awarded the Katy Personal Trainer of the Year award. To say I was excited would be an understatement. This is my 3rd year to win this award, and it means so much to me. In fact, I appreciated it so much that I decided to give something back to everyone who voted for me (and for those who didn’t as well). This is a video I recorded for everyone where I address 12 myths about fat loss. The tips I covered are:
- Desserts are forbidden?
- If you work out, you can eat whatever you want?
- Skipping meals makes you lose weight faster?
- Starches and fats are fattening?
- You should never eat fast food?
- Weight Training is better for weight loss than cardio?
- If someone else lost weight on a specific program, it must work for me as well?
- Loosing any weight…is good weight?
- Don’t eat after 7 PM?
- Salads are healthy?
- After menopause, you won’t be able to lose any more weight?
- Exercise in the “fat burning zone” to lose weight?
- And I added a bonus tip as well.
Based on requests….I’ve added a video that segments the video by tips in case you are not able to watch the entire video at once.
Here are some of the links I mentioned in the video.
Interval Training – MUCH more effective for losing body fat.
LoCal’s Healthy Joint – This is the healthy burger joint I mentioned.
Personalized Semi-Private Personal Training Program – This program has been producing great weight loss results for our clients. If you are trying to get in shape, but can’t imagine investing in a personal trainer or a boot camp, this is a great middle of the road approach.